Light, fragrant and beloved, the Lemon Pie or “Lemon Tart” is an ideal dessert suggestion after a main meal or a tasty sweet for every moment of the day!
- 200 gr. flour
- 100 gr. butter
- 20 gr. water
- 20 gr. sugar
- 2 gr. salt
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the cream:
- 200 gr. butter in cubes
- 200 gr. sugar
- 3 lemons (juice)
- 2 lemons (zest)
- 4 egg yolks
- 250 gr. sugar
- 65 gr. water
- 20 gr. glucose
- 150 gr. egg whites
- 65 gr. sugar
- For the dough: Cut the butter into small pieces and mix it with the flour until the mixture becomes like”sand”. Make a hole in the center and pour all the remaining ingredients and mix until it becomes a nice dough. Leave in the refrigerator for 30 ‘.
- Then put the dough between two sheets of baking paper and open with the rolling pin. The use of baking sheets helps in the rolling (expand) and transfer of the dough to the batter.
- Transfer the dough to a tart tray and punch the surface with a fork. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the beans on top of the dough (over the papers) so that it remains thin when baking. Bake for 20 ‘. Remove the weight and bake for another 15 ‘. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the cream: Put the butter, sugar, zest and lemon juice in a bowl and place it in a bain-marie. Beat the mixture until it becomes smooth. Add the yolks and beat for 10 minutes so the mixture becomes more thick. Remove from the fire and transfer to the cool tart tray.
- For meringue: Put the 250 gr. sugar, water and glucose to boil. Once the mixture boils, leave for 4 ‘on the fire (at 142.5 degrees if we have a thermometer) and remove from heat.
- Beat the egg whites and, when they begin to whiten, add sugar in 2 portions. When the mixture is soaked, carefully add the warm syrup. We make sure that the syrup has a “cord like” flow, but without dropping on the wire (the syrup falls sideways). Beat to incorporate the syrup and remove.
- Use the mixture to decorate the tart. With a culinary torch, “burn” the edges and serve!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?