Loukoumades, a sweet that we all love, a recipe that we can all make. Served with honey, cinnamon and powdered sugar or with chocolate, depending on mood.
- 220g of water
- 12g of sugar
- 10g of fresh yeast
- 1 vanilla
- 30g of sunflower oil
- 1g of cinnamon powder
- 2g of salt
- 250g of hard flour (sifted)
- Take a large bowl and put the yeast, add the sugar and water and mix.
- Then add two tablespoons of flour and continue stirring.
- Leave the mixture for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and then add the salt, cinnamon, sunflower oil and vanilla.
- Mix the ingredients using your hands and then cover with a membrane and a towel and leave it for 40 minutes.
- Put sunflower oil in the saucepan, medium to high heat.
- We take the mixture by hand and making little balls (bites) using a teaspoon that we dipped into sunflower oil so it does not stick. Put it in the pot.
- After we put a couple of donuts in the saucepan, we start mix them.
- Leave them for about 3 minutes stirring continuously and then put them on a plate, on a sheet of paper to remove the extra sunflower oil.
- After making them all, we serve according to our preference with honey, cinnamon and powdered sugar or we add chocolate sauce.