A delicious dish, ideal for the Sunday’s family meal!
- 1 ½ kg goat meat (in servings)
- 10 large potatoes or 20 baby potatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 carrots (chopped in medium size pieces)
- 2 onions (divide each onion into 4 pieces)
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 300ml water or chicken broth
- Salt & pepper
- 120ml red wine
- 120ml vinegar (from red wine)
- 60ml olive oil
- 15gr. sugar
- 6gr. dry mint
- 5gr. salt
- 2gr. juniper berries
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 onion slices
- 1 parsley stick
- Place a bowl and add in the mustard. Then add the lemon juice, the olive oil, the oregano, the thyme, salt & pepper. Mix up using a wire.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and the carrots into pieces. Place them in a tray. Add the onions and the mustard sauce. Mix up!
- Mix all the ingredients given for the goat meat’s marinade sauce. Put the goat meat in a large bowl, add the marinade sauce and leave the bowl in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
- Add the goat meat in the tray, on the potatoes and the vegetables. Add water or chicken broth. Cover the tray using a baking paper and the baking foil.
- *We can replace the tray with a Dutch oven.*Bake in preheat oven (200 degrees) for 1 hour.
- Then remove the baking paper and baking foil and lower the heat to 180 degrees. Bake for 1 more hour, until the meat is roasted and the potatoes “melt”.