Hot soup with beef base for the cold days to come!
- 1 kg of beef (clod)
- 2lt. of water
- 2 onions
- 3 sprigs of celery
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup thin orzo, slightly boiled
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. dairy butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cubes of beef dissolved in 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- freshly ground pepper
- Boil the water in a saucepan, over high heat.
- Cut the meat into 3cm cubes, pour them into the pan, cover and boil for 40 minutes. From time to time uncover and skim off.
- Chop the onions and the other vegetables into cubes. Add them to the pan along with all other ingredients and boil the soup for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add the orzo and continue boiling until ready.