Mexican tacos are very popular because they are spicy and can be eaten by hand! They are made in several varieties and combinations. Mexicans consume them with minced meat, beef, chicken and many other ingredients. Here I suggest them with pork!
- 2 kg pork thighs
- 2 onions coarse chopped
- 5 pieces of Jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 100gr. ginger
- Spices (3 tsp. oregano, 3 tsp. cumin, 3 tsp. onion powder, 3 tsp. garlic powder, 3 tsp. smoked paprika, 3 tsp. sugar, 3 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. pepper)
- pies made from flour or corn
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp water
For pineapple relish
- 1 small can of pineapple
- 1/2 onion
- 2 scallions
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 limes
- 20gr. ginger
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 chilli pepper
- Put a tin foil on the top of a baking paper. Put the pork on top and spread it with mustard.
- In a small bowl put all the spices together and then pour them all over the pork.
- Chop the chilli peppers, shred the ginger and keep only the juice. Pour them over the pork.
- Wrap it well on all sides and put it in a saucepan.
- Fill 3/4 of the pan with water, cover with lid and put it in a preheated oven at 140 degrees for 5 hours. Otherwise, at 160 degrees for 3,5 hours (the more is cooked the better it becomes)
- Remove from the oven and debone the pork using 2 forks. The meat should be melted and turned into fibres. Keep it covered warm.
- Dice the pineapple and put it in a bowl.
- From the scallions chop only the green part.
- Chop the other ingredients, add them into the bowl.
- Shred the ginger, keep only the juice, and add it to the bowl with honey and lime juice.
- Stir all the ingredients.
Fill the pies with little pork, pineapple relish, yogurt and then serve.