Mille-feuille is a really famous dessert! I suggest you a really interesting recipe and an alternative way of serving as well.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1lt of full-fat milk
- 7 eggs
- 60g of wheat flour
- 60g of corn flakes
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 180g of sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 250ml of heavy cream
- 300g Strawberries
- 100g chocolate couverture
- Cut the puff pastry into 8 pieces and punch on one side with a fork. In a large pan, on low heat, put the puff pastry pieces (2 pieces each time). Bake for 4 minutes, turn side, cover with lid and continue baking for another 4 minutes. Remove the lid, add a little sugar over the puff pastry, turn it over and continue cooking for one minute so that the sugar becomes a golden candy. Remove from the heat and leave aside.
- For the vanilla cream: We put the milk to warm up, adding the half amount of the sugar. In a bowl, mix the remaining sugar, flour, corn flour, eggs and vanilla well with a wire. When the milk is warm, add it in the bowl and keep stirring constantly. Then we strain the bowl mixture, transfer it to a saucepan and boil over low heat until it’s a thick cream. Remove the pot from the heat, add the butter and stir well until it melts.
- In a bowl, place half of the cream. The rest of the cream will be needed to prepare the chocolate cream. Cover the bowl with a membrane that touches the cream and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to cool well. Beat the cream at high speed with the wire in the mixer, until it becomes a whipped cream. Beat the cream well in the mixer until it becomes smoother and mix with the whipped cream.
- For chocolate cream: In a bowl, put the cream that you hold in the saucepan, pour in the chocolate pieces and mix well. Cover the bowl with a membrane that touches the cream and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to cool. (This cream does not need to be mixed up with whipped cream, as we did in vanilla cream).
- For serving: Place a puff pastry and a layer of vanilla cream on top. Repeat the process twice, putting alternatively the vanilla cream and chocolate cream and also add sliced strawberries.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?