The absolute homemade pie for your Christmas menu!
- 300gr. kefalotyri «EPIRUS» (greek cheese)
- 1 pack traditional pie sheet
- 1 kg of minced meat
- 120gr. apricots dry
- 3 tablespoons of raisins
- 100gr. almond
- 100gr. pistachio (nuts)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 1 chicken broth stock (cube)
- 50gr. Epiros butter “50-50”
- Sauté the mince with the butter and add the onion. Cook for 6-7 ‘and then add wine. Add the chicken cube and the tomato paste.
- In another pan, sauté the almond, raisin, chopped apricots and pistachios with butter. Once roasted, add the mixture to the minced meat.
- Fill with a little water and let it boil, wait for about 15 minutes until it dries its liquids.
- Remove from fire and leave a little to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with the Kefalotyri “Epirus” and the Parsley. Add the it into the filling mixture.
- Take an aluminum pan (40×20) and spread some olive oil and butter on all sides to avoid burning.
- Place 4 dough sheets per side (1 on each side), so that each of these sheets is half the baking pan and the remainder is “left over” (so we turn it back later). We also put one in the center. Add the filling over the entire surface of the dough.
- Fold the dough sheets, add butter/oil on all the leaves. Place the rest of them in the center.
- Cut into portions of our choice, drawing only the top sheet (our knife does not reach the end of the pan).
- Spray with cold water and, if desired, sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Bake for 40-45 ‘at 170-175 degrees. When we remove it from the oven, spread some butter to make it look “glossy”.