How about a homemade, easy and fluffy dough, with flour of Myloi Agiou Georgiou, which we shape into a roll filled with mozzarella! The result is mozzarella rolls, which are as delicious as they look!
- Put the water with 2 tbsp flour in a small saucepan and put it on the fire. As it heats up it will thicken, creating a thick sticky mixture. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Put the flour, the cooled mixture, the sugar, the salt, the water, the yeast in the bowl of the mixer and beat with the whisk for a minute.
- Then use the hook of the mixer, beat the mixture for 5′ after we have added the butter. Be careful the mixture sticks to the walls, do not add extra flour.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture to a surface with a little flour on top, folding it inwards constantly until you achieve a uniform ball. Cover with a towel and leave for an hour to double in size.
- Divide the ball into 4 pieces. Cut the pieces in half again, until we have 14-16 pieces of dough. We shape each ball, flouring our hands.
- Cut the mozzarella into 16 sticks and put it in a bowl, sprinkling with a little parsley and paprika.
- Open the dough with a rolling pin, put the stick of cheese and wrap. Spread a pan of butter. Place all the sticks, butter with a brush, sprinkle with a little parsley.
- Let them rest for 30 minutes and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 25-30 minutes.
Tip: In order to have uniform balls we can fold each one by pulling one side and putting it in the center, in this way all the junctions are in the center and we have a uniform ball.
When we put each mozzarella stick in the dough, it is good to wrap the cheese with the bottom side, then left to right to close the cheese well and then roll.