Mushroom “mageiritsa” soup for the ones that prefer a meat-free Easter menu!
- ½ kg pleurotus mushrooms
- ½ kg Portobello mushrooms
- 50g olive oil
- 10 leaves of lettuce (finely chopped)
- 6 fresh onions (finely chopped)
- 1 dry onion (finely chopped)
- 1 leek (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch of dill (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch of fennel (finely chopped)
- 1 liter of vegetable broth or hot water
- 150g rice
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons
- Clean the pleurotus mushrooms with a damp cloth. Peel the portobello mushrooms.
- Cut all the mushrooms into small pieces and sauté in a saucepan with olive oil until they are softened. Pour the onions and chopped leeks and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Then add dill, fennel, lettuce and water or broth and boil the soup for 10 minutes. Add the rice, cover the saucepan and let it boil over low heat for about 20 minutes until the rice is ready.
- Prepare the egg-lemon sauce, whipping the lemon juice with the eggs until they are fluffy. Add a little bit of the juice into the eggs, continuing mixing up well. Once the eggs have reached the temperature, we return the mixture back to the saucepan and simmer for one minute so the soup thickens.
- Serve instantly with freshly ground pepper and chopped dill.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?