Mushroom veloute soup: easy in the making, perfect as a main or a side dish!
- The skin (peel) from the mushrooms we will use
- 1.5 liters of water
- 1 cube of vegetables broth
- 2 tbsp of dried mushrooms
For the soup:
- 400g white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 pieces of finely chopped celery (not leaves)
- 100ml red wine
- mushroom skin
- 1 thyme clone
- 150ml of cream
- Salt, Pepper
- Peel the mushrooms from the skin and put them in a bowl. Take the parts that we are not going to use for the soup (skin) and put them in a pot with 1.5 liters of water. Boil for 15 minutes and remove from fire.
- Add the vegetable cube and stir until it melts in the broth. Place a strainer in a bowl and strain the broth. We throw away the stalks and the mushroom skin.
- While the broth is still warm, add the dried mushrooms and leave the bowl aside.
- Slice the mushrooms. Add the oil and butter to the pot we used earlier. Using high intensity heat, sauté onion, garlic and celery for 5 ‘.
- Add the mushrooms and lower the heat. Let them take out their liquids and then add the wine. Allow to boil for 10 minutes until the alcohol evaporates. Add the broth to the saucepan, add salt, pepper and thyme. Allow to boil for 30-40 minutes on low heat.
- Add the cream and then use a blender to make our soup smooth “veloute”.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?