2 h 30 min
Osso bucco with mashed potatoes and delicious sauce! Try the recipe with beef osso bucco and you will love it
Ingredient for Osso Bucco
- 2 kg Osso Buco (4 pieces Osso Buco) from milk veal
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 sprigs of celery cut into cubes
- 2 cl. garlic cut into thin slices
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 2 cubes of beef broth
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 liter of water
Ingredients for mashed potatoes:
- 6-8 potatoes
- 200 ml sour cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Season all sides of your Osso Buco with salt and pepper.
- Cut the onion, carrots and celery into cubes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-low saucepan, heat enough sunflower oil to lightly cover the bottom of the saucepan over high heat.
- Put your flour on a plate and flour your osso buco from everywhere.
- Once the oil reaches a high temperature and smokes slightly, add the osso buco and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from the pot and leave the osso buco on a plate.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery to the same pot and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the white wine and cook until completely evaporated (about 5 minutes).
- At this point, add the Osso buco again the two beef cubes, the water and the herbs.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours and 15 minutes on very low heat.
- After this time, uncover and cook for another 30 minutes over medium heat, adding a little water if necessary.
- Take your Osso buco out of the pot and place it on a plate.
For the sauce:
- Strain the liquid through a fine strainer.
- Pour the liquid (without the fat) back into the pot you cooked and place it on a medium heat.
- In a separate small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the flour.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter / flour (roux) mixture to the liquid and mix.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Try and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Osso buco again and heat (a few minutes).
- Serve hot over mashed potatoes.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and thyme herbs.
The recipe for mashed potatoes:
- Put the peeled and peeled potatoes in plenty of salted water and cook until soft.
- About 45 minutes from the time it boils.
- Remove the water (keep only a little in something in the pot).
- With a hand wire just with the potatoes, we do not want a circular stir, just a break.
- Add the cream and butter and mix.
- Finish with salt, pepper and nutmeg and serve hot.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?