A main dish you can cook and enjoy in every season! A great choice for a family dinner!
- 1 pork leg (2,5kg)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1kg baby potatoes
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary & oregano)
- 2 mellow tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2tbsp mustard
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp honey
- 100ml olive oil
- Marinade: Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds and the skin and grate. Add all the ingredients in the mixer and mix up.
- Turn the pork leg, incise around the bone and soak in marinade sauce (in a tray). Put in the fridge for 1 day.
- Wash up the potatoes, put in a bowl with fresh herbs, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix up and transfer into the tray. Add some water to cover the potatoes until the middle.
- Dampen a baking paper sheet with water and olive oil. Use it to cover the tray, then cover with a lid. Bake for 3 hours & 30 minutes at 170 degrees. After the first 2 and a half hours add some water (if needed). Serve with fresh herbs.