Easy pumpkin soup with creamy texture and fantastic taste! Ideal for the winter days to come!
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and seeds removed
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 star anise
- 200ml whipping cream
- 50ml petimezi
- 150gr apaki (Cretan deli meat made of pork)
- 100gr boiled chestnuts
- ½ handful of chives
- 1lt vegetable broth
- 80gr butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- Salt, pepper
- Place a pot over medium heat with 1 tbsp of butter. Chop the onions into slices and sauté until soften.
- Slice up the chives, and cut in quarters the pumpkin with the carrots. Add them into the pot and sauté.
- Add the vegetable broth, star anise and boil until the vegetables soften.
- Add the boiled chestnuts and boil for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer the soup in a multi (or an immersion blender) and beat until the soup becomes smooth and creamy.
- Put the mixture back to the pan, add the whipping cream, petimezi, ginger, clove, salt and pepper and allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat, add the butter and stir.
- Top with some thyme and deep-fried apaki for garnish and serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?