Do you want to prepare a quick meal and accompany it with a salad or make something different for breakfast? The quick fluffy cheese pie in the pan is a smart choice because with a few ingredients and in a short time you can have a delicious dish or side dish!
- 400gr. flour for all uses
- 1 sachet of dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 200gr. warm milk
- 100gr. butter
- 200gr. feta or “anthotiro” cheese
- In a large bowl put the hot milk (not too hot), melted butter, yeast, sugar and mix.
- Add the salt and flour and mix on a counter until it becomes a dough. Put it in the bowl and cover with cling film for an hour.
- Then, on a floured counter, divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Open the balls one by one with fingers, put some grated feta inside and close the dough towards the center so that the cheese stays on the dough. Make them balls again and press them a little by hand to open.
- Put a little olive oil in a pan and put 2-3 pieces of the dough in the pan depending on the size. If we want we can serve them with honey.