Red velvet cake is one of the most delicious and easy recipes for your partner for Valentine’s Day!!!
Ingredient Red velvet cake
- 800 g flour for all uses
- 800 gr Sugar
- 4 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. soda
- 5 large eggs
- 228 g of sunflower oil
- 450 g sour milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 350 g melted butter but not hot
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp red food coloring
Ingredients for icing with cream cheese
- 680 g soft cream cheese
- 460 g fresh soft butter
- 1 tbsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1350 g powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180c and prepare 3 pans or removable molds of 20-22 cm, lightly passed with melted butter.
- Make sure the cold ingredients are all at room temperature.
- Lightly beat the eggs at room temperature, along with the oil, sour milk, vinegar, melted butter, vanilla and red color and then set aside.
- Mix the flour, sugar, soda, cocoa powder and salt in the mixer bowl and beat with a whisk.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix on medium speed for about a minute or until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Divide the mixture in the pans and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick appears clean, when you put it in the center of the cake
For the icing with the cream cheese
- Put the soft butter in the bowl of the mixer with the whisk and together with the cream, beat on low speed until it becomes smooth and has no lumps.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar, one cup at a time until combined, stirring slowly.
- Add the orange extract and salt to the icing and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Fluff the icing.
- With the iced cream cheese, we have to cover the pieces of the cake in between, sideways and on top.