Rice pudding is a creamy pastry made from rice boiled in milk, sugar and cornflour. It is common in many countries around the world with recipe variations. In some Scandinavian countries such as Sweden, Norway and Denmark it is a typical Christmas pastry. The favorite sweet of our childhood, whipping up fresh milk, aromatic vanilla and cinnamon. This sweet treat with few ingredients can get us out of trouble when we want to make something quick and nutritious!
- 280 gr. water
- 90 gr. Carolina rice
- 600 gr. milk
- 1 lemon peel
- 190 gr. sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 gr. butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cold water
- Put the water with the rice in a saucepan on the heat and stir until the water is evaporated.
- Add milk, sugar, lemon and salt and mix.
- From the time it boils we measure about 6 minutes stirring continuously and taste the rice if it is soft, if desired stir another two minutes.
- In a bowl mix the cold water with the cornflour and pour it into the saucepan, remove from the heat and stir.
- Add the butter and mix until it melts.
- Divide into small bowls. Allow to cool and add cinnamon. Store in the refrigerator.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?