Risotto is a rice dish from northern Italy, cooked in broth until it becomes creamy consistency. Many types of risotto contain butter, wine and onion. Here I suggest you my favorite version: risotto with gruyere and Mani’s syglino!
- 250gr. arborio rice
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 120 ml white wine
- 1 lt chicken broth
- 150gr. grated gruyere
- 100gr. butter
- 200gr. syglino Manis
- 100gr. gruyere in peels
- A few arugula leaves
- Salt Pepper
- Put 1lt of water in a saucepan, add the chicken broth, let it warm up and keep it aside.
- In a wide and low pot about 35cm put 3 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- Saute the chopped onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes on medium to high heat, stirring.
- Add the rice and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Quench with white wine and allow to evaporate completely, stirring constantly.
- Add 2 tbsp. of broth and stir constantly with a ladle. When the liquids are evaporated, add the next 2 spoons, do this constantly. After 14 minutes, try some of the rice, our rice should be transparent and the seed in the middle should not be white. If he still wants, add more broth.
- When it is ready, remove from the heat and alternately add the frozen butter with the grated gruyere.
- Taste for salt, pepper, add fresh thyme, serve on plates, and on top add a few peels of gruyere, chopped Mani syglinoand arugula leaves.
- To make our risotto to has a nice porridge, the ideal utensil is a wide and shallow pot. If you do not have one, a wide pan is fine too.
- Sauteing the rice in the beginning helps to make our risotto nice and cooked.
- When we quench with the wine we must let it evaporate completely so that our risotto does not become sour.
- The risotto requires patience and constant stirring.
- Put the gruyere off the heat, stirring constantly
- The butter should be frozen and cut into cubes, this helps our risotto to be more thicken and not to get greasy.
- For extra and strong taste in the syglino you can sauté it with a little butter in a pan.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?