Dare to try this piroshki recipe! The dough and the filling are very special!
Ingredient for piroshki
- ½ liter of milk
- 2 eggs
- 125 g fresh melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 24 g fresh yeast or one sachet of dry (8 g)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 kg Flour for all uses
For the stuffing
- 400 g of boiled chicken
- 700 g ground beef (olive)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 70 gr. dairy butter
- ½ t.s cinnamon powder
- ½ t.s. grated spice
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 150 gr. boiled peas
- 3 boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Put the lukewarm milk and sugar in a glass bowl and dissolve the yeast.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave it for 15 minutes until the yeast foams and swells, if not do not continue the recipe, something would go wrong.
- Sift all our dry ingredients and put them in the mixer bucket with the hook
- Beat the eggs together with the melted butter and incorporate them with the milk mixture with the yeast and sugar.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bucket with the dry ingredients slowly and on medium speed
- When all the ingredients are taken, put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl with sunflower oil and cover it well with cling film and then put it in a warm place (in the oven that we have preheated to 50 degrees, and when we put the dough in, turn it off)
- Let the dough rise for about an hour, then beat it in half to deflate and put it back in the bowl covered for another hour.
- Open the dough in a pie one centimeter thick and cut with a cup round small pies, fill them with the filling and put them under a towel for 30 minutes to rise again before frying them in hot sunflower oil (170 C) on both sides. When they turn brown, put them on kitchen paper.
For the stuffing
- Heat a large skillet over medium / high heat. Add the olive oil and butter and sauté the ground beef until well browned.
- Season the meat with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 / teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the grated carrot and sauté for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 tablespoons dill, mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water to moisten the meat mixture.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature or Room Temperature.
- Add the boiled chicken, peas and chopped boiled eggs
- Fill the piroski with this. We can also fill them with Frankfurt sausage
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?