“Spetsofai” is a traditional, spicy dish which has its origins in both Greek and Italian gastronomy. It is made of traditional sausages and pepper-tomato sauce.
- 4 traditional (“village”) sausages
- 3 green pepper (cut in sticks)
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes or a can
- 1 onion (sliced)
- ¼ cabbage (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- Chili flakes
- Salt & pepper
- 1 bay leave
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 2tbsp yogurt (optional)
- Add some olive oil in a large pot (high- intense heat). Slice the sausages and sauté until rosy-brown. Transfer into a plate.
- Add in the pot the cabbage, the onion, the tomato puree and sauté. Add the pepper sticks and sauté again.
- Pour over the wine and, when it’s evaporated, add the sugar, the tomatoes, the herbs & spices. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the yogurt and serve!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?