You don’t have to travel to Vienna in order to taste the unique flavor of a strudel with chocolate filling! As long as you follow this recipe, its rich flavor will take you there.
- 1 pack of crust pastry sheet
- 120 g of ground hazelnuts
- 1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 70g of sugar
- 300g butter Epirus 50%-50%
For the filling:
- 600 g chocolate couverture
- 160 grams of grated or walnuts or almonds
- 180 g of biscuits of your choice
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- 2 oranges
- 1 vanilla
- 2 bananas in cubes (optional)
- For stuffing: Chop the couverture into small pieces. In a bowl we put the hazelnuts, biscuits, chocolate, zest, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir well and leave aside.
- For the crust: We divide the amount of pastry sheets in the two (because we will make two rolls). Lay one of the leaves one on top of the other, add butter and sprinkle with the sugar mixture. When the layers are finished we put half the filling along the crust, leaving a little gap at the edges. Turn the edges inwards, so the filling will not come out during the baking.
- Roll up carefully and finally smear with butter to “stick” well. We continue with the second roll. Transfer to a shallow baking tray with the joining of the leaves on the underside and add melted butter on the top of both rolls.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes until they get a golden color. When it’s ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes and serve in slices.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?