Sweet and sour pork with peppers! The authentic recipe for the sweet and sour pork that you will love!
- 600 g brisket
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 1 can of pineapple compote in pieces
- 80 ml pineapple juice (from canned)
- 80 ml white vinegar
- 80 ml ketchup
- 50 g sugar
- 3 colorful peppers
- 1 white onion
- 1 cl. garlic
- 4 green chopped green onions (The green part only)
- 1 chopped fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Salt, pepper
Sweet and sour pork – The recipe:
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl.
- Put the brisket that we have cut into bites or julienne with the egg white, salt and 2 tablespoons of corn flour and mix well until all the brisket is covered by the porridge.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
For the sweet and sour sauce:
- Mix together the pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup and sugar.
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes, when it boils, dissolve 1 tbsp of corn flour in cold water and add the mixture of sweet and sour slowly in the center, stirring constantly with an egg beater (wire) until it thickens and becomes thick.
- Fry the pork in sunflower oil.
- Our oil should be around 180 degrees C, fry until crisp.
- Put it in a colander and let it wait.
- In a Wok (Chinese deep frying pan) put two tablespoons of sunflower oil and sauté the garlic and ginger using the Stir Fry method.
- Add the peppers and onions and continue for 3 minutes until the onion withers.
- Add the sweet and sour sauce and the pineapple pieces and a little water or pineapple juice and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the fried pork to the mixture of peppers, onion and sweet and sour sauce and mix well.
Finally garnish by sprinkling it with the chopped spring onion (It will be good to use only the green part)
Serve accompanied by steamed Chinese Jasmine Rice or Basmati Rice.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?