In the minds of most people, they may be a local recipe from Santorini, but tomatokeftedes are now made all over Greece.
- ½ kilos of cherry tomatoes
- 1 grated tomato
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of chopped parsley leaves
- ½ cup of chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Grate the tomato on the grater and chop the cherry tomatoes with a knife. Finely chop the onions. Put all the ingredients of the recipe, except the olive oil, in a bowl and stir until all of the ingredients are completely combined. Leave for 10 minutes to soften the onions from the tomato liquids.
- Put the olive oil in a deep-frying pan to heat and as soon as it burns, take two tablespoons of the mixture and pour it into the oil. Do not stir constantly because this way you the fritters will be oily.
- Once golden on one side, turn the fritters on the other until they turn golden too, this will take about 2-3 minutes. Immediately after frying, transfer them on absorbent paper to drain and then serve hot.