Top round beef in its classic version that you can accompany with delicious baby potatoes!
- 1.200g beef, top round
- 5 cloves of garlic, medium size
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 2 large white dried onions
- 5 cups of meat broth
- 2 large carrots, cut into cubes
- 2 – 3 bay leaves
- 4 sticks of celery
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 glass of white dry wine
- 2 lemons (only the juice)
- 100 gr of butter (for the sauce)
- ½ kg baby potatoes
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Chop the beef in 5 different places and put in the garlic cloves.
- In a large saucepan sauté the beef with olive oil and butter on all sides to sear it and keep its juices, and when it is browned, remove it from the heat and add the onions, carrots, celery. Leave it for 2 minutes until golden brown, slightly.
- Quench with wine and after add the beef, bay, fresh thyme, broth, so as to cover the beef.
- Boil the baby potatoes for 20 minutes and after cut them in half. We will need them at the end of the cooking.
- Put the saucepan in the oven with a cover for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Open cover, pour the lemon, salt, pepper, the boiled baby potatoes and leave it for another 15 minutes without cover, so the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from the oven, drain the sauce and boil it again in a saucepan until well-thickened, add butter and whisk it with a wire.
- Serve the sliced pieces of the beef on a platter. Serve with baby potatoes and the sauce. If desired sprinkle with chopped fresh thyme and parsley.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?