Traditional recipe for crunchy baklava with rich pastry crust and peanut filling. Easy and fast recipe! Baklava is a sweet that is found in many Middle Eastern kitchens. This treat is made with pastry crust sheets and contains nuts, usually hazelnut, peanut or nut, and gets its sweet taste of sugar or honey syrup.
For the syrup:
- 700g of sugar
- 460g of water
- 2 lemon peels
- ¼ orange
- 3 clove sticks
- 1 cinnamon stick
For the filling:
- 1 pack of crust sheet
- 300g of melted milk butter EPIRUS
- 100g of corn oil
- 250g of walnuts
- 250g of peanut “Aigina’s” kind
- 1 tsp clove powder
- 1tbsp of cinnamon powder
- 3tbsp breadcrubms
- Start by putting all the ingredients for the syrup in a saucepan. Once they get a boil, keep them in moderate to strong heat for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat. Allow to cool very well.
- In a bowl add the walnuts and peanuts after you have hit them in the blender (not to become powder, to be in chunks). Add cinnamon, clovepowder, breadcrumbs and mix well. Melt and mix corn oil with melted milk butter Epirus in a saucepan.
- Butter a 25×35 baking tray using a brush and then place in a cross style the first 4 sheets, leaving almost the half o every sheet hanging outside the tray. Then put a sheet in the center, butter again. We do not touch the surface of the pastry sheets with the brush, but we use it in order to add drops of butter on it. Put another sheet and butter again. Put 1 ½ of the filling in each layer and repeat the process with the remaining leaves and butter, leaving two pastry sheets for the end.
- Put the last sheets adding butter on eash one, then use the pieces that are out of the tray to cover all the sweet. Pour the rest of the melted milk butter EPIRUS. Put the baklava in the refrigerator for 5 minutes, then chase until the sheets (not down) and bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees for 2 hours or 170 for 45 minutes and 180 for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately add the cold syrup.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?