Mageiritsa is a traditional greek easter soup.
- 1 lamb head with neck
- ½ cup. butter or oil
- 1 .200 g of lamb liver
- 300 g Fresh onions
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup. white wine
- 6 tablespoons of rice
- 1 lettuce
- For the egg-lemon sauce:
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 lemons of juice and zest
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- dill, parsley
- Put the head in water with a little salt and a tablespoon of vinegar. Wash it several times and let it sit in salted, lukewarm water for one hour.
- Rinse it, cover it with cold water and put it in the fire. Once boiled, drain and rinse it with cold water.
- Put it in the saucepan and cover it with warm water. Add the lamb’s neck and boil for about an hour.
- Wash the liver carefully. Turn the intestines inside out and wash them in salted water. Pour the liver and the intestines into boiling water.
- When the water begins to boil again, drain and pour it in cold water. Drain again and cut them into pieces.
- Peel and cut the onions. Heat the butter or oil and pour the offal, the dill and the onions. Let them simmer until they stay only with the butter.
- Pour the flour and cook for a few minutes. We turn them off with wine. When the wine evaporates, we add the juice from the head, measuring it with a cup of tea. We add enough hot water (the water from the head with the water should be up to 6 cups of tea).
- Let the soup get cooked for half an hour. Pour the rice and the lettuce cut into pieces and boil for 20 minutes with a closed lid. Finally, add the meat from the head and from the neck, cutting them into small chunks. Pour in the soup, if desired, and the brains finely chopped.
- Try and pour some salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs, corn flour with lemon juice and zest until well homogenized. Pour some of the hot juice of the soup as we mix the egg-lemon sauce (5-6 tablespoons in the set). Add it back to the soup, put dill, parsley finely chopped and stir in a low heat for a few minutes and serve it immediately.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?