Welcome the new year in the most tasty way! This is my recipe for the perfect homemade “vasilopita” cake! Happy new year!
- 650gr. butter EPIRUS 50-50
- 580gr. Sugar
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 7 eggs
- 120gr. milk
- 1gr. mastic powder
- 10gr. mahleb (mahlab) powder
- 900gr. flour for all uses (sieved)
- 15gr. baking powder
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- 1 vanillin powder
- Pour the butter, sugar, orange zest, vanilla, mastic and mahleb into the mixer and beat them for about 10 ‘until the mixture is mixed up well.
- In a bowl, pour the orange juice and soda to inflate. Then add the eggs one by one and beat to assimilate. Add the mix to the mixer with the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove the wire from the mixer. Add the flour slowly and mix with a spatula until the mixture is homogenized.
- Butter a pan and sprinkle with a little flour. Add the mixture in the baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 50 ‘to 1 hour.
- Do not forget to add o gold coin (“flouri”) for good luck! Happy new year!