The most refreshing version of the most favorite summer fruit, is none other than watermelon sorbet! Easy and fast recipe that young and adult will love!
- 3 cups of fresh watermelon juice
- 3 cups of water
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 tsp. of lime zest
- 5 gr. gelatine
- To make watermelon juice, peel the watermelon and seeds and mash the crumbs in a blender. Pass the pulp through a fine sieve and put the puree juice in a bowl.
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes to soften. Put the water and sugar in a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Squeeze the gelatine, add it to the syrup and mix well to dissolve.
- Pour the syrup into the watermelon juice and mix with a hand blender to homogenize the ingredients. Add the lemon zest and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a metal bowl, cover with cling film and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Take the sorbet out of the fridge, beat it quickly in the blender to “break” and serve immediately.