A good raw ingredient can add special flavor in cooking, in the same way pure foods and a balanced diet can keep us healthy. One of the most important rules to follow in the kitchen is to choose fruits and vegetables that have not been processed at all -or less than usually- and arrive at our plates fresh, pure and full of vitamins. But what are the fruits and vegerables of winter?
During winter season and cold months it is good to prefer vegetables and herbs such as:
- Dill, artichoke, endive
- Peas, radish, asparagus white and green
- Avocado, cauliflower, carrots
- Cabbage, Brussels sprouts, lettuce
- Parsley, broccoli, beetroot
- Leek, chicory, celery
- White beetroot, spinach and finochio (fennel).
But also fruits or nuts such as:
- Grapefruit, lemons, mandarin oranges
- Apples, bananas, oranges
- Pomegranates, kiwi
- Almonds, nuts, chestnuts, raisins.