Barley with mushrooms! an easy recipe for barley with delicious and fresh mushrooms!
- 300 g white baby mushroom
- 150 g large white mushrooms for the broth
- 6 large Portobello mushrooms, 4 cut into cubes (without the popes)
- 100 ml sweet red wine
- 5 tbsp fresh butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce without salt
- 3 medium dried white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cl. garlic-chopped
- 400 gr fine barley
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cube mushroom broth
- 150 g grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp chives – chopped
- 100 g dehydrated Porcini
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Saute the baby mushrooms in a large deep frying pan where we have heated a tablespoon of butter over medium to high heat.
- Working in two batches, add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until they begin to brown and release their liquid.
- Stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are crispy but still moist, about 3-4 extra minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the mushrooms and transfer them to a bowl.
- Repeat with another tablespoon of butter and the remaining chopped Portobello mushrooms (do the same procedure as before).
- When they are cooked, leave them aside in a bowl.
- We collect all the liquids from the mushrooms and store them, we will need them later for the barley.
- Saute the barley in another pan with a tbsp olive oil, on low heat for about 3 minutes, extinguish it with 300 ml of water and when it boils, cover it and remove it from the heat, waiting to be covered aside.
- Saute with a tbsp olive oil the popes from the portobelo and the large mushrooms, finely chopped, when they turn brown, add the onion and garlic and continue for another 3 minutes, quench with water and let it boil for 10 minutes, add the mushroom cube.
- Mash in a blender and strain it, add the liquids from the mushrooms we kept to the broth.
For the mushroom barley:
- Melt two tbsp. butter in a low but deep saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic and thyme, over low heat, sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Then we put the mushrooms (the ones we had baked before) and keep some for the garnish on top.
- Quench with sweet wine.
- Add the barley and stir for 2 minutes.
- We start to add the mushroom broth little by little until the barley boils.
- Add the porcini powder and the soy sauce and mix.
- Remove from the heat and add little by little the fresh butter (cold cubes) and the parmesan.
- Try and add salt and pepper.
- We have cut the 2 portobelo into long narrow slices and we have sautéed them in a little butter.
- Spread the barley on a large plate.
- Garnish the perimeter with the slices from Portobelo.
- On top we put in various places the Baby sauteed mushrooms that we kept.
- Make a diameter line in the center with grated Parmesan and next to it another line with the chopped chives.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?